The Kinesiology Tape, also called Kinesio Tex Tape, is a latex-free, hypoallergenic tape with an acrylic adhesive that is wearable for days at a time. It is made from a gentle cotton fiber strip which is thin, stretchy, elastic, and water-resistant. Due to the tension on the tape, it has the ability to relax or stimulate muscles strained by musculoskeletal and sports injuries or any cases of inflammatory conditions. The Kinesio Tex Tape is perfect and safe for athletes, geriatric and pediatric patients, and basically anyone who is active in body workouts or sports.
Kinesio Tex Tape is closely similar to that of a human skin in both thickness and elasticity. This allows the tape to be worn without binding, constricting, or restricting any of your movement. This is one of the reasons why more professional athletes use the Kinesio tape in order to improve their sporting performance, prevent serious injuries, and allow them to return to sport quicker.
BENEFITS OF KINESIO TAPE
Facilitates lymphatic drainage by microscopically lifting the skin
Increases interstitial space and decreases inflammation
Enables a more effective flow of blood and lymphatic fluid in and out of the target area
PRECAUTIONS FOR KINESIO TAPE
Do not apply kinesio tape on any skin surface that is damaged or broken, such as an open wound. Those who have sensitive skin should apply a “sensitive skin test piece” for about 24 hours before full taping their skin. If skin irritation occurs, it is best to remove the tape immediately.
HOW TO APPLY
The application of kinesiology tape is unlike any tape that you normally use. There is some sort of art in applying it to the skin that is why it is advisable for you to seek the advice of a physiotherapist who is trained in the application of the kinesio tape for the most effective techniques and also to know what kinesio tape is best for you.
1. The “I” Strip. Typically "I" strips are used to support muscles, tendons, and ligaments. They are often used to facilitate your rotator cuff, gluteus muscles, quadriceps, or Achilles' tendon. The "I" strip can also be used on your low back and middle back to help you maintain proper posture.
2. The “X” Strip. The tabs of the "X" strip cross over sensitive areas such as the back of your knees or front of your elbows. This strip is commonly used to facilitate your hamstrings, which cross both your hip joint and the back part of your knee joint.
3. The “Y” Strip. The "Y" strip is a piece of kinesiology tape that is used to cross sensitive areas of your body such as behind your knee or in the front of your elbow. It is also commonly used for applications to control the position of your kneecap.
4. The Fan Strip. The Fan is a type of kinesiology tape used to control swelling of your leg or arm. It is commonly used in lymphedema management or for superficial contusions and swelling.
5. The Lift Strip. The lift strip, commonly referred to as the Band-Aid, is often used to support injured tissues or to treat muscle knots or trigger points. The lift strip helps to lift skin and tissues off of sore muscles and trigger points. It is also used to treat superficial bruises.
Skin should be dry and free of any lotions, liniments, etc. Clean the skin with soap and water or rubbing alcohol. Ensure your skin is dry before applying. Remove excessive hair when necessary.
PREPARING KINESIO TAPE
Use a roll of kinesio tape round every corner when cutting to prevent edges from peeling prematurely. Avoid touching the adhesive side of the tape after removing the backing.
WEARING KINESIO TAPE
Wait at a minimum of 1 hour before getting wet or doing sweaty activities. To dry tape after exercising, swimming, or showering, simply pat your kinesio tape gently with a towel.
The eyelashes you are wearing are too fake? Magnetic False Eyelashes with the luxurious length and volume can definitely bring you the most natural look ever! What's more? It's reusable!...
LIMITED IN-STORE PROMOTION PRICE $37.95 TODAY ONLY: $14.97 (SAVE 65%) 5 zones of comfortable compression targeting your trouble areas (back, sides, stomach, love handles, and muffin top) built with soft contour...
Expect “ultimate” results with this amazing Wonder Belly Slimming Patch! The Wonder Belly Slimming Patch Body Applicator is a non-woven cloth wrap that has been infused with a powerful, botanically-based formula to deliver maximum...